Welcome to the Camp Fire Greater Long Beach
Camp Fire USA provides
- boys and girls in grades kindergarten through 12th grade with opportunities to learn, play and grow while building life skills.
- coeducational programs that encourage boys and girls to explore and develop interests that can last a lifetime through experiences focusing on family and community, the environment, creative arts, the future, and personal growth.
- These opportunities to more than 600,000 children and youth each year in communities throughout the United States.
- Continuity in programs and volunteer support reaching back to 1910 when Camp Fire USA was founded
Young people want to shape the world.
Camp Fire provides the opportunity to
find their spark, lift their voice, and
discover who they are.
In Camp Fire, it begins now.
- We believe that children and youth are our most precious resources.
- We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
- We believe that the best youth development occurs in small groups where children and youth are actively involved in creating their own learning.
- We are committed to coeducation, providing opportunities for boys, girls and families to develop together.
- We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
- We are inclusive: welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity.
- We believe in the power of nature to awaken a child’s senses, curiosity, and desire to learn.
- We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
- We provide safe, fun and nurturing environments for children and youth.
- We enrich the lives of parents and other adults by expanding their skills and encouraging them to share their talents and build relationships with children and youth.
- We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.
- We advocate on behalf of children, youth and families.